Imitation etch is a special pad printing ink used for producing an etch like effect on glass products.
- Much lower cost than real etching.
- Can brand curved or uneven products.
- Produces a subtle, high perceived value finish that looks like etching.
- Halftones cannot be consistently reproduced.
- The size of branding areas is limited on curved surfaces.
- Minor print distortion may occur on uneven or curved surfaces.
- Requires a curing period before the product can be shipped.
- Unable to print variable data.
- The artwork should be supplied in vector format.